How can I paste a clipboard screenshot/image in the new JIRA issue view?

Deleted user August 29, 2018

In old JIRA view, I can attach any screenshot and picture in my clipboard via CTRL + V but it's not working in new view.

1 answer

0 votes
Sanjana _Alacriz_ August 29, 2018

Hi @[deleted],

Did you try dragging and dropping the attachments on the view ? Also you can follow the steps below : 

1. Click more (•••) on issue view Attach files.
  2. Drop, upload, or select a file.
  3. Choose Insert

Thanks,

Sanjana

Deleted user August 31, 2018

Dragging and dropping works but for that I need to first save the screenshot and then attach to the issue. My question is if you have a copied screenshot or an image in clipboard how would you attach to an issue in new JIRA issue view which Atlassian is implementing because CTRL+V is not working?

Like # people like this
Dick December 25, 2018

Exactly. A feature to paste screenshots from the clipboard was very convenient and is definitely missing for next-gen projects.

Like # people like this
Rick Zakharov March 7, 2019

@Dick  just FYI the screenshot copy-paste still works from the "+" button on the side panel (the "Create (c)" functionality).

However! Atlassian Team - please do implement the functionality on the "lightweight" ticket view as well. It's extremely inconvenient to having first save the file, then go and upload it. Imagine you're testing the system and need to create tens of screenshots, annotated etc? In this case the need to manage (name, delete old and so on) screenshot files on your disk is simply not feasible.

Like # people like this
Amol Rao May 14, 2019

Yes - tickets with images take a lot longer to process now. Before they could just be pasted directly into the description from clipboard but now needs saving + uploading which is painfully long. Especially if you have multiple images. 

Like # people like this
Jared Carr August 20, 2019

Agree with you Amol.  I should be able to paste a screenshot in my initial contact and not after I send...and then Edit comment.Snag_6518298.pngSnag_6518c77.png

Aaron February 8, 2021

Is this feature broken? It doesn't as of a few days ago on my end.

Like Calder Tillett likes this
Ji Li February 9, 2021

I cannot use this feature ,either.

Please fix it ASAP.

Thanks.

Like # people like this
Voskan Martirosian February 9, 2021

Same here with Jira Cloud. So great time saving method, but not working.

Jens Lykkegaard January 7, 2022

I have just identified that some settings in my Chrome prevent me for pasting pic's to the Jira text container, but when using Edge it works fine.

> Issue seems to be settings in Chrome <

Like 리버_River_ likes this
Alan Jolley January 12, 2022

I have the opposite problem - copy and paste works fine in Chrome but not Edge

Alan Jolley January 12, 2022

The Edge settings shown below seem to have fixed the issue

Edge Settings.png

Joseph Gill December 9, 2022

I can't paste a screenshot from my mac clipboard.

It can be pasted to outlook or word just fine, but not to Jira.

Funny, I used to do this all the time.

Why is it not working?

It is just simple copy paste of photo data.

Why broke now?

Like DerekJ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events