Epic Name text does not contrast with fill colour

richardofrugeley January 4, 2022

hidden epics.png

On a page of filter results, the Epic names are colour-coded. The Epic text is always black so for darker coloured Epics the text can be hidden. Is probably dependent on the screen brightness too. On detail views the text contrasts with the colour. Can this be done on filter results as well?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 5, 2022

Hi @richardofrugeley

this seems to be a known bug in Jira, see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-72043. There's a possible solution discussed here, but I haven't tried it myself.

(On a side note: If you are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you may want to have a look at JXL for Jira. It's a full-fledged table/spreadsheet view for your issues that allows quick and easy inline editing, sorting and filtering, and much more - plus it shows your epic links with the correct text colours :) - Disclaimer: I work on JXL.)

epic-links.png

Best,

Hannes

richardofrugeley January 5, 2022

Thanks @Hannes Obweger it's good that the bug is known about. Unfortunately I'm not qualified to implement (or even test) the possible solution. The bug doesn't seem to have any priority as it's a year old and still in Needs Triage status.

Suggest an answer