Change author for multiple issues

Pat B. April 6, 2020

Hey at Atlassian!
Hope you and your famlies are ok!

Got a weired request.

We will move old issues from a lot of old project to our actual service desk (same installation, no prob so far).

We urgently need to change the issues author prio doing this.

In former, not our customers but our agents created the issues in several projects. From now on, customers create their own issues. We need to determine WHO has created issues to find them later.

Can you help?

Kind regards

patrick

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2020

Hey Pat - Not sure I am completely following what you are needing to do. 

Do you want to change the Reporter value before moving the issues? Have you tried to do a Bulk change on the list of issues for that project?

Pat B. April 6, 2020

Hey John_Funk,

thank you for your fast reply!

Maybe I didn't get it because I didn't exactly understand: Is the Reporter that person who creates the issue?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2020

Yes - that's the field that captures who created the issue.  :-)

Pat B. April 6, 2020

Hey,

sorry, I don't have that field available to be changed...chrome_HR4KTJNHfj.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2020

Are you a Project Administrator for the Project? Can you check the Permission Scheme for that Project to make sure that you can Administer Project? 

By the way, I like the Funktionsdetails label  hahaha.

Like Pat B. likes this
Pat B. April 6, 2020

I AM Admin :) And I like the German Bratwurst Geschwätz ebenso :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2020

The Project Administration function is different than the Jira Administration function. I would suggest you check the permission scheme to see if you meet the criteria for being able to Administer project. 

Like Pat B. likes this
Pat B. April 6, 2020

Thanks mate. I'll do and will give you an update here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events