Approve a request with a comment

Jason Michaud January 7, 2020

Is there any option to add the Comment field to the Approve Request screen when an approver pushes the Approve link and is redirected back to the Jira Customer Portal? This is part of the embedded Approval workflow within Jira.

I see the comment field when the Approver pushes decline they have the option to leave a comment. But what if we require the Approver to also leave a comment when we want them to approve a request?

Capture.JPG

3 answers

0 votes
Anna Tran August 3, 2022

Hi, 

could I ask how you configured this screen? I'm trying to build in this feature in my Service Desk but can't seem to be able to find a way. 

Thanks for helping.

BR

Anna

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2022

Hi @Anna Tran ,

I think @Jason Michaud has configured an approval in Jira Service Management.

On the page Set up an approval stage you can find more information about this functionality.

Regards, Marco

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2020
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

Hi Jason - there are several screens that come out of the box with JSD. See if you can track down the screen for the Approval and add the Comment field to it. 

Jason Michaud January 8, 2020

Hi John

Thank you for your idea. I checked the screens and I don't see anything that points to the Approval or even the decline screen that comes up after using the embedded approval workflow in Jira. Just to provide further detail. Here is the basic approval/decline email that comes out of the box. The second attachment below is what I want to edit and add a comment box to. Here is the URL if it matters so you can see if comes from the servicedesk side. : https://jiratest.emc.org/servicedesk/customer/user/approval-action/IS-386936/24/approve

approval email.JPGI want to edit this approval screen.JPG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

Ah, you are clicking on the Approve button within an email. I am afraid I have no experience with that. I would submit a ticket to Atlassian Support to see if they can help you track down the screen or can verify if it is even available to add a comment there. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer