Any way to view by Component in backlog instead of epic?

leewarren September 6, 2021

For a given release, I often prefer to see how the various components are shaping up, which have multiple stories attached to each, rather than the epic. Is there a way to do this in the backlog view?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2021

Hi @leewarren

One way you could do this is by introducing quick filters on the board and set them with the various components.

When you select a quick filter in the backlog, it will then show you only the components you want to see: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-quick-filters/

Regards 

leewarren September 9, 2021

That's kind of a hack, because what I'd really like are my components shown rather than epics. Yet another JIRA 'fail'

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

@leewarren 

I hear you. You may want to create a feature request and see if gathers enough interest to have it implemented.

Regards 

leewarren September 24, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion!

isak.wiberg March 24, 2023

@leewarren Did you create a feature request? I would like this feature as well

Like Shawn Giese likes this
leewarren March 24, 2023

I don't know how. If you do, could you add it?

I don't know either. @Fabian Lim Can you point us to where we can create feature requests? 

leewarren March 24, 2023

Done!

Like isak.wiberg likes this

Suggest an answer