2 step authentication fails

zsanett galantay June 6, 2022

Hi All, 

I am trying to get into Jira and the 2 step identification always fails. I downloaded google authenticator, I scan the barcode, I put in the 6 digit number and on top it just says, 2 factor authentication failed. 

I enabled it on Atlassian,  but I cannot get into my Jira or Confluence. Any ideas? Maybe VPN issues? My mobile? Shall I try a new authenticator app? It doesn't even give me a reason why it failed. 

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Hello @zsanett galantay ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

From what it sounds like, you're using a Single-Sign On application (e.g. Okta) to supply your credentials to Jira and Confluence.  This app would take care of the second step authentication and present your credentials to Jira and Confluence.  There's no configuration on the Jira or Confluence side of this.

Have you talked to the admins in your organization?  They may be able to help you out.

zsanett galantay June 7, 2022

I downloaded a different authentication app and it seems to work now. for some reason Google authenticator was just not working.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events