Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Issue resolved - leave comment on linked issues (Automation)

Deleted user October 19, 2021

Hello,

I'm new to using automation rules so apologies if this is a little basic.

In my company we usually link JSM tickets to other Jira project tickets if something has been escalated. Currently, we have it setup that once it is linked to another project and that issue is done/resolved, a comment will be left on the JSM ticket that the ticket was resolved.

This is an automation rule from Legacy Automation.

I now want to recreate that rule because there are more use cases for different projects but I've struggled to define the first bit (A linked issue is transitioned) in the new Automation. I wasn't the person to set up the initial rule and new automation seems to work differently. Any ideas?

This is the legacy automation rule we have in place and a sample screenshot of I want to see in practise -

jira.pngjira2.png

Thanks in advance!

1 comment

Comment

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2021

Hi @[deleted] here's what a similar rule looks like on our recently migrated Jira Cloud:

2021-10-19_08h01_48.png

The big gotcha that caught us was around permissions for the automation userid - here is the documentation: 

"The rule actor is the user who executes a rule. This user must have the relevant permissions to trigger the rule, and complete any actions that may be performed."

"The Automation app user rule actor cannot be added to these user groups. You will need to configure any transition conditions with project roles in order to provide the appropriate permissions. By default, the automation rule actor is in the `atlassian-addons-project-access` role."

Hope this helps. I can fill in more details if needed.

Kel

Like # people like this
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2021

Take 2: Here's the link to the docs again.

Like Deleted user likes this

That looks exactly like what I needed! I'll give that a try. Thanks a lot!

Like Kelly Arrey likes this

@Kelly ArreyThis has worked perfectly! Thanks again!

Like Kelly Arrey likes this
Thomas Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2021

We have this rule set up with the comment being private in JSM.

image.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events