Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable Product field on Feature?

Stephanie Davis June 11, 2024

I thought the Product field appeared in the Details Panels Settings for the Feature at one point but I'm not seeing it there now.  We've got that field set as Required and are trying to make it Optional or even remove it from the Feature.  We use Products for Ideation, so we don't want to disable Products entirely.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2024

@Stephanie Davis The display of the Product field on the Feature Details Panel is controlled in the Platform Settings in the Admin console. This can be turned on/off by portfolio. When turned on, it is a required field. There is no way to make it not required.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 10.18.42 AM.jpgYou can always add an option like "None" or Not applicable" that can be selected from the dropdown if there is no need to select a product on a given feature.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 10.27.00 AM.jpg

0 votes
Ahmet Kilic _catworkx June 11, 2024

Hey Stephanie,

details panel in Jira Align would not help you to configure product field.

Regarding the connection of the product to feature, you can specify the portfolio where you want to use it.

In addition there is also available to disable product for teams, fyi.

See more details in the article below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jakb/how-to-connect-a-feature-to-a-product-jira-align-1333332847.html

I hope, this helps.

Warm regards,

Ahmet Kilic

Enterprise Agility Consultant at catworkx

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events