How to view "git tag" message?

When I tag a git commit using SourceTree, it allows me to enter a message so that I get an "annotated" tag. However, I cannot see how to read that message using the SourceTree GUI. All I ever seem to be able to read is the message associated with the commit.

11 answers

You're right, this isn't displayed anywhere right now, that's an oversight. I'm not sure anyone's actually used that advanced tag option before!

Logged as an improvement request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-987

Is there any progress on this ? I really want to see the tag message as what (features) were included in the tag.

+1 on seeing tag messages in bitbucket

+1 we need to see messages on our tags

+1 and still no progress on such simple yet valuable feature.

I also don't see tag messages anywhere on the bitbucket website.

Is there any progress on this matter?

Even STASH doesn't show the "git tag" annotated messages..

Will it be addressed in coming release?

+1, Just stumbled onto this.. in local bitbucket server (new name for 'stash'), you can only view the tag names in the 'branches' dropdown, but you can't view the 'message' attached to the tag.

0 votes
Sat I'm New Here Nov 13, 2018

Come on, 6 years later and still this simple but valuable feature that you'd expect to be included is still not there? 

I've been using SourceTree for SIX years?!!! Bloomin' 'eck!!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Dry T-Shirt Competition - What's your BEST (Atlassian) T-Shirt!?

[Note: So it was my turn for Friday Fun and sadly I was sick thanks to rubbish sinus infection... so apologies to most of Europe and Asia for the delayed post. However, I finally got out of bed for t...

205 views 14 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you