Why displayName have changed?

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 28, 2019

Since few moths ago, I've detected that some characters like [ ] hace been replaced e.g.:

My displayName si configured to be Jack Nolddor [Sweet Bananas] but is displayed here since a while as Jack Nolddor -Sweet Bananas- is this a bug? or is an intended changed? If so why?

ksnip_20190928-150942.png

Regards

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hey @Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ ,

Per Usernames, privacy, alter egos, and you:

Note: Usernames no longer support (parentheses) or [brackets] and users will be unable to tag you if you try to use them. Use -dashes- or {curly brackets} instead!

Cheers,
Daniel

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 30, 2019

That was an accurate response ;)

Thanks!

1 vote
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2019

Hi @Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ ,

This is an intended change. If I remember right, it is because some characters were causing problems when trying to mention them, so they removed them.

Marketplace Partner
September 29, 2019

Thanks! No idea why but my name now is displayed correctly.

Marketplace Partner
September 29, 2019

... and displayed incorrectly again... :(

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 4, 2019

@Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ I recommend using the fancy curly braces. {Sweet Bananas} will work! And it will add that extra level of {sophistication} to your posts. 

Marketplace Partner
February 21, 2020

No idea why, but using curly braces seems to break my name again... some underscores has been used instead, See:

ksnip_20200222-005307.png

But my name is properly configured as shown in my profile :S

ksnip_20200222-005422.png

Is that a bug?
Regards

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2020

It's halfway between a bug and expected behavior. We're working through a platform issue that prevented people with some special characters from signing in. As a temporary measure, the platform is substituting all non-alphanumeric characters (including spaces) with underscores.

Marketplace Partner
February 24, 2020

Thanks for letting us know :)
We'll wait then until the problem get fixed.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events