Does the Atlassian Community block JSON in replies?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

Several days ago I asked a question of the community about a particular issue I was having with an automation rule.  I worked with someone offline and was able to obtain a solution.  I then tried to post an answer to my own question.  It would not post.  I tried in a code block, outside of a code block - NOTHING.  I then posted my solution as an image.  That was fine.

Is there a block against JSON?  This would be unfortunate as it would prevent others from getting the help they need in many cases.

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Hi Rob,

I think it is not especially because of JSON format and experienced the same when HTML tags were in the content to be copied here.

The answer is saved after clicking on "Answer" but magically "gone" - not displayed. No chance to recover it.

Did you copy the JSON from a really plain source - or was there some HTML in it maybe (or some other formatting)?
Up to now I thought it would be a local problem on my browser/PC.

Regards,
Daniel

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2020

I copied from a plain text editor.

Even if I did have some HTML, I also pasted into a code block, which should have ensured success, but to no avail.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2020

Could you please paste the problematic JSON here into reply again?

If it still fails I provide you a mail address so this can be looked into by the responsible people.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2020
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2020

{
"fields": {
"parent": {
"key": "{{issue.parent.key}}"
}
}
}

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2020

image (7).png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2020

Got it. Looks ok for now.
Except for the indent, maybe :)

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2020

Except that when I went to paste exactly that on my question again it failed.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2020

If you want you can send it exactly in the troubling format to this temporary mail address:

AgreeableHyena@maildrop.cc

I cannot copy it out from the picture for a test.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events