Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation within the Releases Hub

Ken Young
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2023

In looking to take advantage of the updated releases hub, I am wondering what "Events" get be automated?   The "Version Updated" automation trigger list the following:

This rule will fire when a version is updated. This includes changes to a field on the version (e.g. release date) as well as if its released or unreleased. You can access the version object in other components by using the 'version' smart value e.g. {{version.name}}

I am hoping that automation can/will be extended to allow the added "approvers" to a release, as well as an event for approve/decline.    Do those features exist, or is there an alternative way to access the information?

Thx

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
carlos_ijalba August 14, 2023

I think that all the approve logic goes directly into the Pull Requests since this is where change control occurs in GitFlow and CI/CD methodologies, so this will be on your SCM system, in Atlassian's BitBucket this control is on the Repositories Branch Restrictions. 

And if you have BitBucket Cloud and use Pipelines you also have deployment control on the pipelines, where it can be automated or manual with a deployment button confirmation by an approver.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events