when I embed an HTML macro having SQL Query to create charts, the preview appears but can't be saved

pico amasha August 22, 2017

I created an HTML macro with Javascript having an SQL query embedded in it. I am using that to create dynamic charts and its working perfectly fine in normal browser. It also works when I put it on confluence, but only in preview mode. It doesnt get saved as dynamic data. I need it to create dynamic charts for confluence dashboard.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2017

I am afraid you are running into a bug: Confluence Preview and Save pages containing HTML macro does not show the same result

Please vote and comment on it to emphasize your use case for the development team. 

In the meantime, please consider an add-on like Bob Swift's SQL for Confluence (Pro Edition)

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2017

And to build a dynamic chart based on SQL macro you'll need to use Chart from Table macro from Table Filter and Charts add-on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events