using GA code for confluence server

vagarwal October 8, 2020

Hi team, any one has experience in setting up the GA search queries for confluence server version? currently we are able to get the views and pages but when trying to track the search terms, its doesn't appear in the GA dashboard. i am using following in GA settings - "queryString,searchQuery.queryString" as Query parameter, "key,searchQuery.spaceKey,where" in category parameter. Let us know if anyone has any experience or idea on how to get the search keywords (if not using GA but maybe using other ways)

1 answer

0 votes
PreserVision
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 8, 2020

The following method is the easiest way to implement your code.

Create a new page in your space titled "Google Analytics" to hold the tracking code.
Using the wiki markup editor, add the following to that page:
{html}
javascript code copied from Google Analytics
{html}
Then, at the bottom of each page that you want Analytics to track, use the include page macro to include the Analytics tracking code page, using the name of your Google Analytics page. Place the following code at the bottom of the content on the page. For example: add {include:Google Analytics} to the bottom of your page.
It will take up to 24 hours for your data to appear in Analytics.

vagarwal October 8, 2020

thanks, for the response but will it help to provide the search queries that users are typing in the search? i guess the above approach will give me the no of visits etc.

vagarwal October 8, 2020

Also instead of doing it on page level, can i do it on space level ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events