url links to documents in hansoft

Goran Aleksic February 15, 2013

Hi,

When we insert url link to a document stored in hansoft, Confluence does not treat it like a link, but rather like text in the page.

Here is example of hansoft generated url:

hansoft://hansoft.homeip.net;SomeProjetName;124dfw2/DocumentID/9876

If insert it while target Confluence page is in Edit mode, and click on it it works correctly and opens Hansoft. However, if we save the page, than link appears as underlined text and can't be clicked on.

We noticed that if we remove "hansoft" before "://", and save the page, link is correctly inserted and can be clicked, but then it does not result in Hansoft opening and displaying target document.

Whle we strive to keep most of our documents in Confluence, it is essential for our company to have the ability to insert links to docs stored inside Hansoft.

Is there any way we can force Confluence to accept these kinds of hyperlinks?

Thx,

-Goran

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Masson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2013

Hi Goran, you may find this will work in 4.3.7 and onwards as a result of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24665 - add ability to create links using non-standard protocols - being implemented.

Goran Aleksic February 18, 2013

Thanks for response John,

Before going ahead with upgrade, I wanted to test it with Confluence On Demand.

Unofrtunately "hansoft://" protocol is still not being recognized.

I've added comment to CONF-28103 bug to request hansoft protocol from being restricted.

Mike Orenich January 14, 2014

Hi Goran and John,

I've successfully implmented a Hansoft link in my version of Confluence. The Hansoft protocol is working correctly with versions 4.3.7 and above! (I'm using v5.1)

-Mike Orenich

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events