url links to documents in hansoft

Hi,

When we insert url link to a document stored in hansoft, Confluence does not treat it like a link, but rather like text in the page.

Here is example of hansoft generated url:

hansoft://hansoft.homeip.net;SomeProjetName;124dfw2/DocumentID/9876

If insert it while target Confluence page is in Edit mode, and click on it it works correctly and opens Hansoft. However, if we save the page, than link appears as underlined text and can't be clicked on.

We noticed that if we remove "hansoft" before "://", and save the page, link is correctly inserted and can be clicked, but then it does not result in Hansoft opening and displaying target document.

Whle we strive to keep most of our documents in Confluence, it is essential for our company to have the ability to insert links to docs stored inside Hansoft.

Is there any way we can force Confluence to accept these kinds of hyperlinks?

Thx,

-Goran

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Goran, you may find this will work in 4.3.7 and onwards as a result of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24665 - add ability to create links using non-standard protocols - being implemented.

Thanks for response John,

Before going ahead with upgrade, I wanted to test it with Confluence On Demand.

Unofrtunately "hansoft://" protocol is still not being recognized.

I've added comment to CONF-28103 bug to request hansoft protocol from being restricted.

Hi Goran and John,

I've successfully implmented a Hansoft link in my version of Confluence. The Hansoft protocol is working correctly with versions 4.3.7 and above! (I'm using v5.1)

-Mike Orenich

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,811 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you