table of contents links revert back to top of document

Nick December 22, 2014

2 answers

0 votes
Alexei Budsan December 22, 2014

Importation a word document and its associated table to contents had never worked for me. Ultimately I've had to in the past manually update the header styles, remove and then insert the TOC macro from within confluence (not using the TOC from word).

Nick December 22, 2014

Hi Alexei, I had done all that - removed the Word ToC and replaced with the Confluence one. The issue is that the Confluence ToC entries do not work properly. When clicking on any entry, the cursor moves to that entry, and then immediately moves right to the top of the document, at least 20 lines above the ToC.

0 votes
Nick December 22, 2014

Hi,

I have imported a 40 page Word doc into Confluence, using the 'Don't split' option.

Then inserted a Table of Contents which has correctly listed all the numbered sections.

When clicking on a hyperlinked section heading in the ToC, the cursor moves to that section, displays it for a few seconds, then blanks the screen and the cursor goes back to the top of the document (20-30 lines above ToC).

I cannot see any related issues through Google searches for this.  Any suggestions ?

Using Confluence 5.6.5 with IE9 (system does not allow other browsers).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events