sort by category

Christian Dehmel January 12, 2021

The spaces are sorted by their name in the space directory.

Is it possible to sort the spaces by category ?

1 answer

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Christian Dehmel 

not sure about space directory - but have a look on Space List Macro which let you sort spaces by category.

Hope this could help you!

Christian Dehmel January 12, 2021

Hello Fabienne,

thanks for this hint - even it's not completely what I'm looking for. I do not create an own page, I log in and choose from the space tab "all spaces" or "list of all spaces" or "space directory". So let's say it is the top dir or home page where you see a list of all your existing spaces. And if the spaces are assigned with a label of a category, you see it here. By default the sorting of the list is by space name, but I'd like to change the sorting by category (name). Not sure if this can be defined anywhere. 

Confluence_Spaces.PNG

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi Christian,

ah I see. The sorting is already on the left side under CATEGORIES. You will find all spaces that have at least one category e.g. knowledge-base in your screenshot there. By clicking on it it shows all pages from the category.

You can also use the filter on the right bottom top.

Christian Dehmel January 13, 2021

Hi Fabienne,

thanks again for your ideas. The filter is reducing the list of spaces similar to the left sided categories. But I assume there's no way simply to sort the list of all spaces by category. Typically then you would have a small arrow beside the column name.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events