Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show blogposts on the dashboard

red sonja August 15, 2013

I would like to add a section to the dashboard showing certain blogposts, or eg the 10 lastest posts of 1 blog of a space named "news" where all people can post important or actual information for all others (the 'space blog' in v5).

I know that there are some workaraounds like building a customised dashboard page and then exchange the 'real' dashboard with the new one, BUT doing so the fav. pages doesn't work any more / look like it does on the originy dashboard. in this case there would be no possibility to show (all) fav. pages (only with the fav. plugin - that's now for free anymore since confluence vers. 5).

so i just need the piece of code that I have to add to the dashboard-code where I can define which blog(posts) I'd like to be shown (and where..)

thanks a lot - that would really be VERY helpful!!

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Christina Schantin [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

It is possible to show blogposts on the dashboard without customizing the dashboard by code.

Just edit the Default Welcome Message on your dashboard.

Log in as administrator and move to global templates. On the buttom of the page you will find the system templates and there the "Default Welcome Message". Edit this template and add your blogpost makro here.

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

Just an elaboration here.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Blog+Posts+Macro

This maco has the option to restrict blogposts by space. If you made blogposts only in the news space they would all be picked up and dumped into wherever you placed the macro.

0 votes
red sonja August 25, 2013

how can I now 'close' this question?

0 votes
red sonja August 22, 2013

ok I'll try that, thanks.

but if I just edit the welcome message, then the blogposts will be shown on the left top of the page and I suppose there's no way to change that?

red sonja August 25, 2013

ok, i made it now by editing the site welcome message and then switched right and left content in the global layout code. now the news and updates are on the right side and favs are still left. thx to all!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events