Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sharing a page to a confluence enabled user without them being in space permissions

div18itadmin July 12, 2017

Hello,

I have a user who is currently not listed in the space permissions but would like to allow him to access one single page so he can upload some documents on the page. Is this possible?

I tried sharing the page to him and when he tries to upload to the file list there it tells him "You'll need to ask permission to insert files here". I've verified that he has read/edit in the page restrictions for that page.

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

You have the permissions/restrictions model backwards.

• Users and groups are defined against permissions in Space Permissions; a user must have permissions in a space to do any specific operation.
  • Users and groups can have their permissions restricted per page via Page Restrictions.

You must grant him Space Permissions to the entire space first and then lock down the other pages to prevent him from editing them.

div18itadmin July 12, 2017

Steven,

Thanks for the answer. It's just that on this particular space there are tons and tons of pages I would need to restrict. Is there someway to edit these page restrictions in bulk or another way?

Thanks

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

Unfortunately, I do not have a good answer for you. I use ScriptRunner for Confluence so I'd likely write a groovy class to loop through all pages and set restrictions with the JAVA API. 

It doesn't look like the REST API can update page restrictions... 

All related questions to this suggest using a vendor supplied plugin by AppFire/Bob Swift, Confluence CLI to accomplish this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events