Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

searching for content in edit mode

Jeffrey Sempek May 14, 2015

Search never seams to work in edit mode. I have used search and replace and it works. To simply search for a word or other content, it doesn't find what I am looking for

4 answers

1 vote
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2015

Hello Jeffrey,

Are you searching for a text content or a text of a macro? Also, which Confluence version are you using?

What happens when you type the word you want to search and click on the Next button?

Lastly, does it happen in any browser you try?

Eduardo

0 votes

I use Google Chrome so that I have a spell check feature. I have not tried in other browsers.

0 votes

I am using the search feature in edit mode on 5.7.4 

image2015-5-14 12:24:36.png

When I select next, the page location stays at the top. I have to actually scroll through the page to find the highlighted content. When I find the content by scrolling and select next again, the page jumps back up to the top. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not the content is in a macro

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2015

Hi Jeffrey,

Would you mind letting us know the detailed steps on how to do it? Is just because I got to the edit mode, and I was able to search some content through the search bar at the top right. I'd like to see if that is the same thing that you're doing there. BTW, would you mind letting me know what's the version of Confluence you're running?

Cheers,
WZ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events