"Not an unresolved user" on confluence after migration of Space

arpit doshi February 23, 2015

We migrated our confluence space from one instance to other and also integrated it with CROWD. But for few users which are referenced in different pages, we are seeing an error "Broken Link - Not an unresolved User".

It may be due to Incorrect User Key but I am not sure. Please can anyone provide some expert opinion to solve this issue.

Many Thanks !!

image2015-2-24 11:59:58.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2015

Hello,

This can be a result of the userkey changing in the new instance. You can try to use my fix here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/User+mentions+appear+as+Broken+link+after+XML+import

Shannon

Derek Sheeman June 23, 2016

I'm running into this now, the link appears broken. I don't suppose there is still a fix that works for 5.9.9 data center?

0 votes
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2015

Hey there,

May I ask if you are able to mention these user on other pages? I mean, create new mentions to these users that are triggering the issue.

If not, it could be related to index. Have you tried to reindex your instance from scratch after importing the space?

Eduardo

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2015

Hi Arpit,

Go back to your original Confluence (before the export) and take a look at the usernames that were mentioned there. Do they exist in your CROWD directory? Are they written exactly the same? (Uppercase, Lowercase...)

Do they have the same permissions?

It might be one of those things that's causing the problem.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events