"Create from template" button doesn't work

N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

Hi,

the "Create from template" button in the tasklist of confluence will result in a popup-Window with a spinning wheel.

Nothing else happen, I only can close the popup window.

I'm using

• Confluence 5.9.7
  • Oracle DB 11.02

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Norbert

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2017

After deleting a space, which causes the error, it works.

The space was labeled as "undefined".

0 votes
N
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2017

Hi,

thank you for your answers.

I use Windows 7, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox 50.1.

When I open the developer console in Firefox, push the button "Create from template" I get the error message

ErrorConfluence_1.jpg

Seems it have to do with the data, because on our test installation with much less data I do not have the error.

Thanks for any further help.

Regards

Norbert

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2017

It may be even more fundamental ...

what version Windows are you using?

What browser and version are you using?

are you using a "company PC" on a company LAN?

if using Internet Explorer - it is not fully HTML5 compatible so can lead to an array of weird problems - try using Firefox or Chrome (you can have multiple browsers on your pc - I have four so I can check what users are doing

If company PC/LAN, check things like JAVA script enabling with your IT department

Simple test is to try on a personal PC at home or a mobile phone

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2017

Before you click the button push the F12 button onyour keyboard to bring up the developer tools. Then click the button. Most likely there is some Javascript error happening that preventing you from seeing the templates. See if there are any errors in the Javascript console. The dev console will look something like this ...

Chrome

image2017-1-23 8:48:16.png

IE/Edge

image2017-1-23 8:49:17.png

Firefox

image2017-1-23 8:51:31.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events