Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"All Labels" page doesn't show all labels

Tom Stoeckel March 16, 2023

I sometimes use https://<my Confluence base URL>/labels/listlabels-alphaview.action to get a list of labels for our instance of Confluence, but the list it shows is never complete.

Where is it getting the list of labels it displays, and why doesn't the "All Labels" page include all the labels in use?

1 answer

0 votes
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2023

Are you verifying that the labels are being applied to the pages accurately (see this documentation - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/add-remove-and-search-for-labels-136419.html )

Could it also be that some pages are using labels where the pages are not available to you?

Thanks for your response.

As far as I know, labels are being applied as shown in those instructions (I'm also not sure how a label gets applied inaccurately).

I'm a Confluence administrator, so access shouldn't be an issue. I can go to specific pages and see labels that don't appear in the "all labels" list.

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2023

If you search just within one space do all the labels show up or are you getting the same thing when searching through multiple spaces? 

/labels/listlabels-alphaview.action?key=SPACEKEY

When I specify a space key, I get a complete list of the labels in that space (the same as I get if I use the Labels List macro in the space). When I tested this on a specific space, I got a list of 30 labels, only two of which appear in the "all labels" list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events