Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plugin called the 'Confluence Mentions Plugin' is still available?

Jigar D Patel June 29, 2017

We are currnetly using confluence 5.10 and looking to have user notified via email when when we tag individual user or a DL group.

DL group: will be created in outlook and same email will be used as a user account for tagging purpose. 

We tried tagging individual user and group but the notification are not created and send to the user/group email address. 

Looking at the documention of 5.10, under the NOTES section states "The functionality is provided by a plugin called the 'Confluence Mentions Plugin'.". 

5.10 documention link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf510/mentions-829077759.html

We search for this add-on on Atlassian website as well as internal serach within confluence but we are unable to locate the add-on. 

Even, the latest version of confluense 6.2 stats same thing. See below URL.

6.2 docuemntion link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/mentions-251725350.html

My question is, documention is outdated? Also, how can I achieve notification when user is tagged (not by watching a page). 

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2017

Hi Jigar,

Just to make sure, you're getting other emails from Confluence right? A misconfigured mail server will result in these not sending even if the plugin is enabled.

Now, for the actual plugin itself. I believe it's enabled by default so if it's not working, likely someone manually disabled it. Here's how to check:

1. Go to the Manage add-ons page in administration
  2. Click on the dropdown that says User-installed and switch it to All add-ons (or system, this is a system plugin we're looking for)
    Manage_add-ons_-_Staging_2017-04-10.png
  3. Search in your browser with Ctrl+F or use the Filter next to the dropdown to search for Mentions
  4. If the plugin is disabled, it will be greyed out and you'll have an Enable button available when you expand it out. Go ahead and hit Enable if this is the case.
    image.png

As a system plugin, you can't uninstall it. So it'll be there, either enabled or disabled. Let us know how it goes!

Jigar D Patel June 29, 2017

I forgot to mention we are using Server version. 

@Daniel Eads - Thank you for providing detail information. Based on your steps we were able to find the system plugin and we verified it is "ENABLE". 

In terms of other emails, if user is watching the page and if page is modified we are seeing an email notification but we are still not able getting a notfication for being tagged. 

Are there different confiuration, we need to perform to turn that on?

Any help will be greatly appericated. 

Francesco Mantovani June 18, 2019

Unfortunately this is not the case for me. 

As you can see I'm in the "All Apps" drop down menu but when I search in the page for the word [mentios] there are no "mentions":

JIRA no plogin.png

Where am I wrong? 

0 votes
Francesco Mantovani June 18, 2019

sorry

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events