Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrate content from one installation to another Confluence

Deleted user March 23, 2014

I'm considering confluence and then I'm creating realistic test of the content. I want to know if when I pass in production by buying confluence I can take the contents from the test-confluence to the production-confluence.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

Sure you can:

But if you want to test "productive-like" why not just install a "production" system and use this for test?

0 votes
Deleted user March 23, 2014

I have a server where I have installed Confluence but is now used for testing with an evaluation license. I intend to buy an official license to confluence and then do a fresh installation on new server. my concern about was whether I could move content already included in the test environment to the production environment. the response that thou hast reported it seems that it is possible and even easy. Thank you.

Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

Yes, like everything it is "quite" easy, if you know what you are doing. You should read the Site Backup and Restore page and child pages to get a brief overview of the whole process.

But if you really want to copy all content from your test environment, you may just convert it into your production environment and install a new test instance, as this might be way easier.

Btw. another way is to

1. "Clone" your database to the new system and
  2. Copy the Confluence home to the new server and
  3. Configure the new database connection within the config file in the new Confluence home

Please note, that the server id will change on a new installation and you will not be able to use the license purchased for the test instance.

After all, you may just hire us to do the job ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events