macro use Tabel excerpt with filter not possible

Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2022

We want to use an original table on many other pages via the macro Include Table Extract. This also works, but the original table can then no longer use the previously set filters.

Are the two macros Table Filter and Table Extract incompatible? Who has a solution?

Many thanks in advance for your messages

Greetings - Gaby from Bremen

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nikita Kamai March 2, 2022

Hello @Gaby ,

I am Nikita from Stiltsoft.

If you are using Confluence Cloud, please note that due to Cloud technical limitations you won't be able to combine nested macros with each other, which is why you will need to use the reused table recreated with the help of the Table Excerpt Include macro and add Table Filter to it.

In case it's either Data Center or Server versions, our Table Excerpt&Table Excerpt Include is perfectly compatible with Table Filter, allowing you to preserve all your filtration settings as well as adjust them dynamically to your liking.

Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2022

Thanks for the answer - not good news

Of course we would like to have this function in the CLOUD as well. Is a solution in the cloud being considered? And if so, in what time horizon?

Many greetings from Bremen - Gaby

Nikita Kamai March 3, 2022

Hello @Gaby,

Sadly, as Confluence Cloud is based on iFrames there is no opportunity to combine nested macros, such as Table Excerpt and Table Filter. 

But there is a feature on our roadmap to add Table Excerpt in our Table Toolbox macro which can make it possible.

We will keep you posted on that.

Like # people like this
Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2022

Thank you very much for the further information.
Where specifically can I track this feature on your roadmap and see the current status? Link?

Many greetings from Bremen

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2022

Hi @Gaby ,

Our backlog is in our internal Jira instance, we've added your vote and the link to this thread to the ticket, so we'll get back to you here once the feature is implemented.

Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2022

Many thanks for your thoughtfulness and greetings from Bremen - Gaby

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2022

Hi @Gaby ,

I'm here to inform that we've just released a new version of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app with the Table Excerpt macro inside the Table Toolbox macro.

Now you'll be able to create macro' sequences (for example, "source table <- Table Transformer <- Table Filter <- Pivot Table") and reuse the result table.

Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2022

Hello Katerina,

unfortunately the problem is not fixed with your new version.

The problem:
When using the Table Extract macro, the Table Filter macro of the same original table cannot be used anymore. If a table already uses the Table Filter macro, this table including the filter can no longer be used for the Table Excerpt macro.

My guess:
In the Cloud Confluence Premium this function is not applicable. In the Server and Datacenter version it does.

Is this correct? Will this feature not exist in the cloud?

Many greetings - Gaby

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2022

Now for Cloud the Table Excerpt macro is included into the Table Toolbox macro.

So you are able to reuse not the original source table, but filtered (aggregated, transformed, etc.) result table.

Mon 10-1.png

For example, here we reuse the filtered table.

Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2022

Hello Katerina,

super - excellent - it works -

Thank you for your commitment and also thank you to your developer team

Greetings from Bremen - Gaby

Like # people like this
4 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2022

Hi guys!

I'm here to tell you about our new program for customers - I've noticed that you often ask questions about our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, mention it to other users and share use cases.

So, I think that maybe you'll be interested into participating: if yes, please refer to our support team, they will be happy to share all the details.

If no, then sorry for bothering, don’t pay attention to my message at all.

@Fabian Lim @Kishan Sharma @Pramodh M @Tobias C. @Tim Braxton @Emily Berg @Rafi Ahmad @Eyal Zmora @Brad Johnson @Laurie Huth @Holly Perry @Leona @Esteban Borja Lopez @[deleted] @Kai Winter @Jason Dyke @Gaby @Nicolas Casel @Emily Berg 

Laurie Huth September 8, 2022

Katerina - Thank you! I always appreciate your insight and help. :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events