i got an error when i try to log on

hamza zammel November 4, 2019

Hallo team,

i installed the confluence last version in windows and configured with nginx. i generate the test version and create admin user. everything works.

i imported data from an old confluence to new one and i had no error but when i try to log on again i go the following error:

A network error occurred while trying to log in. Please try again and contact your administrator if the problem persists.

i logged on with the username and password from the  new and old confluence. but no way

any help please? i dont know why i could not log on 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shankar Asam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2019

Hi Hamza,

We need to know how you have imported data from old confluence  to the new one? Did you use XML export and then import? If so, all your users and data will be wiped out and only users from old confluence should be able to login after XML restore. We need to know what type of user directories you have used in old confluence? Ex: local vs AD / LDAP?

Try using local admin account and check if you're able to login fine. In case of LDAP / AD user, then make sure your new confluence should be able to talk to AD/ LDAP on it's port?

Alternately, check the logs from <confluence-home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log for further debug and investigation. See this link for any help..

-Shankar

hamza zammel November 5, 2019

hey,

thank you for replying.

yes i used XML export and then import by restore. we used LDAP in old Confluence. Jira and Confluence were together connected in old server.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events