how to switch to mobile view from desktop view

John February 14, 2015

I switched to desktop view on our self-hosted Confluence (v5.6.6) and now I can not figure out how to switch back. I have cleared cookies, logged out, looked at various top-level pages for something in the banner. I do not find anything that sets me back to mobile view. I loaded a link from my history that have me a mobile view, but any navigations put me back to desktop.

The documentation indicates there should be something at the top of the page, but there is not. I am using a supported mobile platform.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John February 17, 2015

Apparently the Google chrome browser for android is broken. I thought I was deleting cookies, but it turned out to be more trouble than it used to. I believe I was taking the right actions despite there being heavy changes and no documentation for them. But after removing data for the site, of I back out of that chrome view and then go back in, the site was listed again. I repeated until it stopped showing, but the problem persisted. The only was to fix it was to completely reset the chrome application by deleting data from the android application settings entry. My problem was not the fault of Confluence, it was my browser.

0 votes
Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2015

How did you clear the cookie in your mobile browser? The setting for whether you get the mobile view or the desktop view is stored in a cookie named 'confluence.mobile.desktop.switch'. Can you try turning on private/incognito mode on your mobile browser and test it out?

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2015

Hi John,

Based on your latest comments, I believe this might be a bug with the application mobile version. Are you running the latest version? I recommend to raise a support ticket so we can analyze and open a bug report for you if we are able to replicate the behavior.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

Hey John,

I'm not sure whether I fully understand the issue, but let me try.
You're using Confluence with a mobile device and have requested the desktop version of it using the following (or similar) feature?
http://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2012/04/18/2cf6dc66-fdc3-11e2-8c7c-d4ae52e62bcc/resize/370xauto/edf3f1ad789102dbbfaa00593e2dbf12/2.png

Regards,
Philipp

John February 16, 2015

No, I am not using the Andoid menu option to request the desktop site. I used the option from the Confluence menu as seen here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/download/attachments/658736829/ConfluenceMobileMenu-trunc-50pc.PNG?version=1&modificationDate=1409526100726&api=v2 My pages no longer come through the mobile plugin. It is not exactly the desktop site though. It is the same as the destop view in all respects except that the the left page navigator is missing and the button to toggle it is gone as well. If I use the Android menu option to request the desktop site, the page navigator and toggle button come back.

philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

Hey John, I just tried to reproduce your problem and clicking the "revert"-link on the top, it didn't have a significant effect (Confluence 5.5.4). It would probably be best to request official support from Atlassian for them to have a look at it. Regards, Philipp

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events