how to remove the 'Get Started' block from Confluence 5 dashboard ?

Andre van der Elst March 21, 2013

The Get Started block is way to big and takes over almost half of the left-side of the browser page. Is there a way to disable showing the 'Get Started' block on the dashboard ?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2013
Andre van der Elst March 21, 2013

thats it, thank you.

Ken Trough March 21, 2013

Interestingly, I could not follow these directions. The instructions say:

1. Choose the cog iconat top right of the screen, then chooseConfluence Admin.
  2. SelectLayoutsunderLook and Feel in the left-hand navigation panel.
    • ClickView Defaultto view the .vmdfile.
    • ClickCreate Customto edit the default .vmdfile. This will open the .vmdfile in edit mode.

But I don't have a "view default" or a "create custom" option. I just see this:

Edit Site Layouts

You can not customise the site look and feel while a theme is active. You must first disable the currently configured theme.

How can I continue? No matter which theme I select, I still have no options to edit layout...

Naama Lev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

Hello Ken, Did you find the solution for that? Thanks Naama

0 votes
Ken Trough March 21, 2013

Or alternately, you could create a different dashboard and set the default login page to point there instead of the stock splash page. This was easier to start with than diving in on the dashboard page code.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events