how to identify DB of specific parent page and html pages

Kenji Huang March 6, 2020

As titled, that I need to back up certain pages for specific parent page which also contains html. I noticed that content are saved to different DB and could not identify from DB as they are all named with random numbers.

Is there any ways that I can identify so I can back up the DB?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2020

Hi Kenji, welcome to the Community!

When considering backups for Confluence, there are a couple recommendations:

• The entire Confluence database should be backed up with native backup tools for whichever DBMS you are using. For example, mysqldump is used to get backups of entire mysql databases at once. Many administrators use a database-agnostic tool like netbackup to take backups from multiple database source on a schedule. Ideally you get a native database backup daily.
  • Backups from Confluence itself can be done for an entire space at a time. Details on exporting are here, and as a quick mention I'll say that XML is what you'll want if you just want to maintain a history of the pages, while PDF and HTML can be easily read outside of Confluence.

Beyond what you might consider common practice or built-in tooling for backups, there are some add-ons on the marketplace which offer additional export options, such as automatically exporting a set of pages on a schedule or using a custom PDF template for exports. It's worth looking through these add-ons to see what the capabilities are even if your basic need is captured by the native backup tools.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events