how to enable dark features in confluence...

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

does anybody know where/how to enable the darkfeatures in current confluence release?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

hmm i decided to wait for v5 to be released....

5 votes
Nikhil Kundra November 2, 2019

I don't think Atlassian has anything built-in by default. But this Chrome extension is pretty great for an out-of-box generic solution. I prefer the `Dynamic` preset 🙂

Andrey Ilin April 9, 2021

Thank you!

Cameron McPherson June 26, 2021

I have observed that DarkReader v4.9.16 causes pages to hang and ultimately fail editing (in Brave Browser) when inserting coloured panels (ie: /note /warning /info etc) into Confluence pages.

3 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2015

You should be able by going to the URL <CONFLUENCE_URL>/admin/darkfeatures.action

0 votes
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

Hallo C. Faysal

By "current release" do you mean the latest EAP release of Confluence 5.0? If so, then you can enable the optional new features ("dark" features) by clicking "Enable EAP Features" in the user menu. There's a screenshot in the release notes: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+5.0-m9+EAP+Release+Notes#Confluence5.0-m9EAPReleaseNotes-Optioninusermenuforenablingnewfeatures

I hope this answers the question!

Cheers, Sarah

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

hi sarah,

no i mean the current stable version...

just like jira 5.2.2 where in the admin section "General Settings/Advanced"

some dark featuers can be enabled...i.e. the new designed header wich will be shipped in jira 6

my question is if there is a similar setting in confluence 4.3.5 to enable this new header

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2012

Hello Faysal,

Sorry for my misunderstanding, but, what do you mean with 'Dark Features'?

Kind Regards,

Giuliano

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events