how do you do a poll in confluence?

John Little June 26, 2012

We use confluence for technical documentation

Now the company wants to use it as an intranet, after our recomendation.

But to our shock, confluence seems to have no intranet features at all.

How does one conduct a poll? This is the most basic feature which all the free wiki/CMSs (e.g. drupal, mambo, joomla, phpnuke, wordpress etc) have.

The only thing I can find is a paid for survey plugin which costs $500, which is completely out of reach for a small company just to ask to vote where to have a the christmas party.

Any ideas? It has to be free.

It would be a shame to have to manage confluence AND another wiki system just of the intranet.

10 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2012
Hi John,

the survey plugin is free: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/195

Cheers

Thomas

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2012

Yep, we use the Survey plugin's "Vote macro" on Atlassian's Confluence intranet too, and it works pretty well :)

John Little June 26, 2012

Survey plugin is a nice find. Unfotunately, it doesnt work on 4.2 (which we have), only on 4.1.2.

Ill get the team to hold on until its updated.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2012

Even thought it's not explicitly marked as compatible with Confluence 4.2, there's a good chance it will work fine anyway - you should test it out and see how you go :-)

Aparna SasiKumar June 23, 2015

Survey plugin is not free anymore.. is there an alternative?

Like # people like this
Like # people like this
Rosie Pinnock November 14, 2018

Is there a free supported poll plug in please? 

JayD November 27, 2018

I'm also shocked that there is no basic poll or survey feature in Confluence.  It is a such a basic component of a collaboration tool.  C'mon Atlassian!

Like # people like this
Like # people like this
Carol Jones November 28, 2018

Oops sorry - Didn't see Chad's comment from earlier and don't know how to delete mine 😕

Rosie Pinnock November 28, 2018

Is there a supported plugin though?

JayD November 28, 2018

Ah, thanks Carol.  I'll check it out.  Gotta ask IT.

I still think Atlassian should have it part of standard-issue Confluence.

Like Simone Neddermann likes this
Jen August 21, 2019

Is there a free option for cloud ? 

Like # people like this
9 votes
Reza Ghorbani September 24, 2015

Pretty lame that a basic feature such as voting is not included as basic.

allison.ruby January 14, 2020

AGREED!

Like # people like this
5 votes
Gabriella July 1, 2015

none are free, is there a free alterantive or a function that will be added to confluence?

Jamie McCarogher August 10, 2015

Hi Gabriella, did you come across any alternatives for this?

3 votes
Danielle Palmiero January 15, 2021

An integrated poll system is essential when running multiple work-from -home-teams.  As most platforms offer this plug-in for free, Confluence needs to support their customer base and stay with market competition trends.

Sarah February 3, 2021

I agree!

Like # people like this
2 votes
Jane Engler September 2, 2020

I've created a ticket with Atlassian requesting they create an in-built macro for polling in Confluence. I'm amazed this is not already a feature. Please go and vote for the ticket! The more votes the more likely they are to make this change. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-70726

2 votes
Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

You may also want to try my Polls plugin, which lets you create simple polls to make choices or schedule events within Confluence: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.simplenia.confluence.plugins.polls

0 votes
Jen January 15, 2021

I suppose it's how you set it up.  We've been using web-based products; Iframe macro 

0 votes
Julius Friedrich September 4, 2020

Hey,

you might want to try Instant Polls. It has a very nice integration into Confluence pages, lots of configuration options and beautiful charts :)

0 votes
softcrts October 4, 2019

Hi,

With "Polls and Questions For Confluence", you can add polls, set up colors and options, like one or multiple votes per person. End a vote and notify voters. I hope it will help.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220521/polls-and-questions-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview
https://softcrts.com/polls/index.php

Jen January 15, 2021

no cost has expired

0 votes
Carol Jones April 24, 2013

We are currently running Confluence 4.4.5 and the survey plugin works as designed, even though it's not explicity marked for this version. Although it seems it is only able to complete single-select and we're looking to incorporate multi-select options. I know the polls plugin includes this functionality, but I don't think we'd be able to justify the cost. Does anyone know of a way to incorporate multi-select options somehow using the survery plugin?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events