how do you do a poll in confluence?

We use confluence for technical documentation

Now the company wants to use it as an intranet, after our recomendation.

But to our shock, confluence seems to have no intranet features at all.

How does one conduct a poll? This is the most basic feature which all the free wiki/CMSs (e.g. drupal, mambo, joomla, phpnuke, wordpress etc) have.

The only thing I can find is a paid for survey plugin which costs $500, which is completely out of reach for a small company just to ask to vote where to have a the christmas party.

Any ideas? It has to be free.

It would be a shame to have to manage confluence AND another wiki system just of the intranet.

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jun 26, 2012
Hi John,

the survey plugin is free: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/195

Cheers

Thomas

Joseph Clark Atlassian Team Jun 26, 2012

Yep, we use the Survey plugin's "Vote macro" on Atlassian's Confluence intranet too, and it works pretty well :)

Survey plugin is a nice find. Unfotunately, it doesnt work on 4.2 (which we have), only on 4.1.2.

Ill get the team to hold on until its updated.

Joseph Clark Atlassian Team Jun 28, 2012

Even thought it's not explicitly marked as compatible with Confluence 4.2, there's a good chance it will work fine anyway - you should test it out and see how you go :-)

Survey plugin is not free anymore.. is there an alternative?

none are free, is there a free alterantive or a function that will be added to confluence?

Hi Gabriella, did you come across any alternatives for this?

Pretty lame that a basic feature such as voting is not included as basic.

You may also want to try my Polls plugin, which lets you create simple polls to make choices or schedule events within Confluence: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.simplenia.confluence.plugins.polls

We are currently running Confluence 4.4.5 and the survey plugin works as designed, even though it's not explicity marked for this version. Although it seems it is only able to complete single-select and we're looking to incorporate multi-select options. I know the polls plugin includes this functionality, but I don't think we'd be able to justify the cost. Does anyone know of a way to incorporate multi-select options somehow using the survery plugin?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked yesterday in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

98 views 4 4
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you