how can i have sidebar in dahboard?

sarah izadyar June 22, 2015

I want to have a sidebar in dashboard exactly the same as atlassian but i do not know how to add it to my dashboard.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2015

What in "atlassian" are you looking at?  Do you just mean the left hand bar that the standard theme does?

sarah izadyar June 22, 2015

when i enter https://confluence.atlassian.com/ i see a page that i want my dashboard to be simple as "atlassian documentation". there is a sidebar that it is not in my default dashboard layout. (global)

i omitted the getting started section in the dashboard. but no idea about the rest.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2015

That sidebar is generated by the Theme that Atlassian are using on the site. It does NOT appear on the dashboard or system pages, it only appears in SPACES that use the theme. The url you've given lands you on a space - Atlassian have changed the home page in that Confluence from "dashboard" to "a specific space" (the giveaway is the url - it says /display/alldoc instead of /dashboard.action) Pick a space you can play with (your own personal space is a good one if you've created it - you won't upset your users by experimenting). Go to Space Tools -> Look and Feel and try the different themes you have available in there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events