how can I embed an spreadsheet into page

Niky Lyon September 3, 2019

Need to embed an spreadsheet into confluence page to be editable for my team

2 answers

1 vote
Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Hi @Niky Lyon - You can embed a spreadsheet for editing in Confluence, but it requires the user have the a confluence helper app and spreadsheet software installed on their desktop.  Check out Excellentable Spreadsheets for Confluence if you want editing directly in Confluence without needing to have spreadsheet software installed on the user's desktop.

Niky Lyon September 3, 2019

Thank you Michael, I used to attach my spreadsheet and with "Insert More Content" choose the Excel to display the spread sheet on the preview page. No link, No Thumbnail.  I need it to be complete display for people to be able to look at the page and find their information. 

Today I see the Excel document is missing from the confluence page, when I click on the insert more content, I don't see it anymore. 

How Can I embed the spreadsheet to be visible? 

Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Try using the View File macro.  It allows you to embed attached Office and PDF files.

0 votes
Jaclyn Mazzarella
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 25, 2019

Hi Niky, I am wondering if you had a chance to use Excellentable? I think it can really help with your issues of having an editable spreadsheet directly in Confluence. Check out the Youtube playlist to see how this works! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE9WUHg1PW437az1BWvb8pjw5rxfAj6DV

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events