hide table rows

Jeff Scattini July 18, 2016

Is it possible to hide certain rows in a table from a specific user group? 

We have a number of different user groups in my Confluence server instance. It'd be great if, in a table of links/descriptions of processes, users only saw the rows that applied to them. Is there a way to conditionalize/hide/show table rows for users? 

I looked at ServiceRocket's Visibility macros, but that seems to only work if I reconstructed the table for each user group, which would rapidly get confusing.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2016

Maybe Table Filter add-on can help you: you can add filter with a @currentUser value and hide filters pane, so each user will see only rows with his mentions.

2 votes
Irina Safronova June 4, 2020

I have the same question. And it may be very useful. Filter does not solve the problem.

Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 4, 2020

Hi Irina,

If you need to keep your data safe and secure, you can try the following way using Table Transformer, Table Excerpt (Include) macros of Table Filter and Charts for Confluence:

Please divide you data into two pages. The first one should contain data which are available for public view. And the secound one should include only classified data. Here on the second page you need to apply appropriate restrictions and wrap data with Table Excerpt.

Screenshot_2.png

Then insert Table Excerpt Include on the page with public table view and look up/merge data of both tables with the help of our Table Transformer macro.

Screenshot_1.png

Results:

Thus, other users won't see secret data on the public page.

Katerina
StiltSoft

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events