getting licence expired error after upgrading Confluence Dev

sanket nayak October 10, 2014

Hi ,

I upgraded my confluence - development from 5.2 to 5.6, but after upgrade i am getting the error: "Confluence support and upgrades for your current license have expired."  My license is valid till March 2015 , but still i am getting this error. 

Can i know why am I getting this error and what is the resolution?

Regards

Sanket Nayak

2 answers

0 votes
sanket nayak October 10, 2014

Thanks Davin for your comments. But i have some more questions:

1. why did this error occurred?
  2. If i do it in production, will the same error occur and things will mess up or it is going to be smooth.

Thanks in Advance

Sanket

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2014

I don't know why it occured you haven't provided enough information to know that. Possibly did you create dev from a backup of test and maybe that had to do with it? I'm just shooting in the dark. As for upgrading prod I don't know if it would do it but you should ALWAYS make a backup of prod before you upgrade. If you are in a VM environment another step your should do would be to snapshot the VM prior to the upgrade. That way if anything goes wrong you can quickly revert by rolling back the snapshot. If you are in a VM I would still recommend the backup as well. This is because if you don't do the backup and only do a snapshot then if for some reason you don't want to roll back but do want to get at the old files prior to the upgrade you would be unable to without rolling back the snapshot ... and then you would have to upgrade again.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2014

Go to my.atlassian.com and get your dev license again for Confluence. Then go to Confluence Admin->License Details and try resetting the license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events