email notification

NICK_COWLEY January 6, 2023

I am using spaces to capture meeting notes and include a list of attendees and copies using @oldnoname.pl

when I update the space or edit then update the users receive email notification

if however someone (including me) add (or reply to) a comment only users specifically mentioned in the comment get notified. I would expect that all users within the space should be notified, without this it makes the comment field mostly useless.

The only way I have found to solve this is to set watchers using admin privilege or get the individuals to watch the page, both of which are inefficient.

I would expect the ability to email all people mentioned should exist - can anyone advise how to solve this

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2023

@NICK_COWLEY Welcome to the Atlassian community

I think you have explained the functionality well.  If an individual is watching the page then they will be notified on all comments.  If not then they have to be mentioned in the comment.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/watch-pages-spaces-and-blogs-139579.html This is in place as some individuals do not want all the updates that can occur on a page but would like to be notified when they are mentioned.  So you will need to either add them as watchers or mention them in the comment.

NICK_COWLEY January 9, 2023

HI Brant

Thanks for the feedback.

Glad I wasn't missing something obvious.

Personally I think this should be an opt out rather than an opt in. I assume however there is no way to configure so this is default mode?

I would like t confirm this since if this is fact is the case I will raise with our tool owner to update configuration.

Thanks

Nick

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

@NICK_COWLEY there is no way to change it.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events