e-mail notification for NEW pages

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2014

Hello,

we have the following, very simple use case:

Certain people (let's call them group 1) hand in a request and create a wiki page for that and other people (group 2) get notified about that request and respond to it.

The problem is, how can I achieve that the people from group 2 get notified:

• I don't want to use a space watch because that request thing is not a space of its own but just one small sub branch
  • I can't use a page watch because the pages are newly created (and obviously you can't set a watch before you get notified about the existence)
  • I don't want to watch people because group 1 contains very many and I don't want to set up a watch for each potential user

So, what I am searching for is something like:

• A watch that contains all the sub pages of a certain branch
  • Or a mechanism that automatically includes some sort of @mention in the newly created pages

Thanks

PS: In real, our approach is a little different. For these requests we don't use normal pages but the frevvo form. The form is filled out and then automatically creates the wiki page from the entries made. But the question is more about notification and not about the form.

1 answer

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2014

You may want to have a look at the Enterprise Notifications plugin (formerly the Descendant Notifications plugin). I do not have any experience with the plugin, but it seems to do what you are looking for.

Geert

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2014

Thanks for the tipp. A plugin is not really what I was hoping for. But at least I got the information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events