ctrl+v, simple but a pain in v4.0

simon roberts December 20, 2011

So i simply cut and paste, and when i ctrl+v, the focus of the page moves away from where i just pasted, and users get lost!

This is very annoying, and users are complaining a lot about the new editor!

This new editor is verging on unusable.

- try using the HTML macro link, and you now get a huge line like this displayed in the editor, in v3.5 it just displayed the link name

<a href="\\van.com\root\IS_Documents\Business Analysis\Business Requirements\Unit Tasks\Approved\UT 4.3 Maintain Branch Level Information Rev 2.doc">UT 4.3 Maintain Branch (this is the link name only should display that!!!)

- try highlighting the link and move out side the html box, and it cancels the highlight, so you have to be very precise. sooo annoying

- try adding a column then update for 50%, you used to be able to just type 50%, now you have to double click, launch the macro dialogue then type it in. This is way slower!!!!

I dont have time to post all my complaints about this upgrade. but it is very disappointing!!

2 answers

0 votes
BernardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2013

As far as I know I noticed a similiar issue about crtl+v, and it might happen whenthe database is not correctly configured, please verify this documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+Database+Character+Encoding

0 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2011

I'm not sure what your question is, but I'd ask that you comment on this page with your feedback about the editor in Confluence 4.0 so we can effectively respond and address it – Confluence 4.0 Editor - Customer Feedback

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events