confluence server setup

Anderson Hsu December 14, 2020

Would it be possible to duplicate another same confluence ap server by another SEN to connect the same database to practice reduction exercise? If possible, how to setup it ?

(additional information: I mean I can duplicate ap and database server, but I don't know to to run it without affect production server)

Thanks a lot.

1 answer

0 votes
Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2020

It will not work. As soon as one Confluence finds another instance writing to the same database but not being part of its cluster, application will stop in panic.

If you wanna practice, you should duplicate not only app but the database too. Make sure to reconfigure application copy to use database copy. You would also have adjust base URL and maybe application URL in conf/server.xml file.

This way it will work with no issues.

Anderson Hsu December 14, 2020

Thanks a lot. How can I prevent production confluence to detect my duplicate confluence to make production crash?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

You don't.  You wouldn't want to - two separate confluences using the same database will quickly corrupt the database and fall over.

You must copy database and attachments to their own separate areas if you want to run another Conflunce starting with a copy of the production data.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2020

This document will walk you through the considerations for copying the application's data and database:

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events