confluence permission setting

Anderson Hsu January 18, 2021

Hi all,
I prepare one group which can view all pages content included page restriction setting ? I have try and add one group which added view permission for the group , but it can not view page content which can have page restriction setting.
Additional information: exception system administrator group, the permission is too power

2 answers

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

Hi @Anderson Hsu 

I am not sure if I understood it correctly.

Giving a browse permission for a single page doesn't always mean that they can see it. To view the page, specific group should be able to see the space and parent pages. Please check this.

Space A

-> Page B

--> Page C (Group D is granted)

If Group D can not view the Space A or Page B, it doesn't make sense to authorize in Page C.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

You will need to add that group to the space permission for viewing all pages, and then add the group to the page restriction(s) where they need access.

Anderson Hsu January 18, 2021

Thanks, but I don't know where I can find which pages have restriction setting? How can I quickly find page which have restriction setting? Thanks a lot.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events