confluence page restriction

Neo Say Poh April 21, 2015

Hi,

We are using Confluence 5.5.7. How can I share a page with someone who do not have access to the Space this page is under? I do not wish to change the hierarchy of the space.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2015

A couple ideas of how to share the content of a page - using existing Confluence functionality -  if you don't want to add a user to Space Permissions are (I) copy the page to a space they do have permissions for or (II) export the page to Word or PDF. 

Do either of those work? There are no options I'm aware of to have a user see a page dynamically if they don't have permissions in the space.  For example, the Include macro will not work for users without permissions in the space where the page is located.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/139514

Good luck!

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2015

I should have mentioned that one can select Tools>Copy to copy an entire page (including any associated attachments) to another place in your confluence instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events