Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence page changes not being displayed

Chris Flynn May 19, 2015

There is a few pages that when you edit certain text within the page and save it the changes are not reflected. If you go to edit it again you get the popup warning about an unpublished change, which is your changes. No matter if you "view changes" or "resume editing" the changes are never displayed.

I have not found any errors in the logs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2015

Hi Chris,

Is this replicable within a staging environment? Which is the Confluence version you are using? 

I recommend to check if this happens within the latest Confluence version as well as such it could be a bug. 

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Chris Flynn May 19, 2015

I have not been able to reproduce the same behavior in our sandbox environment, although their could be some small differences.

Version 5.7.3, which I believe is the latest version. We just did an upgrade a little while ago.

0 votes
Chris Flynn July 10, 2015

The problem was that we were running on an unsupported version of Oracle database. We migrated from 10g to 11g in order to resolve this issue.

0 votes
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

Hey Chris, 

As this is affecting only a few pages (specific ones), may I know if you are using any third-party add-on/macro there? For example, check if it will happen with a new one or try to remove the content (copying it all before deleting) of the page and see if it will save the changes. 

Sometimes, it can also happen if only some spaces have some customisations through the Look&Feel session in the Space Tools.

it's something worth to check, Chris. Hope it helps you!

Regards, 

Giuliano Tenedini

Confluence/Crowd Support

Chris Flynn May 27, 2015

We do not make use of any third-party add-ons. Only what comes with Confluence OOB. I think on this page the only macro is the TOC. Everyone uses the same Look&Feel too. I tried working my way up from the bottom of the page to see where the problem occurred, but when I thought I found the location, I went back in and things were not working the same way. Thank you very much for your help. I will have to try removing the TOC macro and do some of your other suggestions. I also submitted a ticket to Atlassian so I will see what they come back with. Thank you very much for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events