cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence jira macro timeout

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2015

Hi

we use Confluence 5.5, JIRA Macros 5.5.4 and JIRA 6.3.10

In the Confluence configuration we set the timeout values to zero (should be interpreted as an infinite timeout - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+HTTP+Timeout+Settings)

During a comlex search the JIRA macro terminates after 10 sec. with the following error: com.atlassian.confluence.macro.MacroExecutionException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Is there a additional timeout in the "JIRA Macro"? If jes, how can I increase it?

Regards,
Uli

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2015

Strange, what happens if you manually set to 180000(3 minutes)?

The idea is to address to address the timeout problem, then we can further check if the zero not using infinite is is some kind of BUG.

Thanks and Regards,
David| The Engineer that like Windows for realsies.
Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2015

Hi Deividi, Thanks for the reply. I already tried with 20000 ( 20 sec.) The timeout occured after 10 sec. - strange isn't it? Regards, Uli

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2015

Yeap, in that case I would advise you to raise a case to our JIRA support team at https://support.atlassian.com, since we would need to check logs to further understand what is happening.

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2015

OK, we have raised a support case. Thanks for your help. I mark this question as answered. Regards, Uli

lachland
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2015

Hi Ulrich, how long does it take for this request to return for you: <JIRAbaseURL>/rest/api/2/issue/createmeta?projects.issuetypes? I'm looking into the same problem for another customer, so please feel to let me know your Support ticket reference and I'll give it a review for you. Cheers, Lachlan

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2015

Hi Lachlan the support ticket ref. is CSP-139374 Cheers, Uli

1 vote
lachland
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2015

Hi Ulrich, please try the workaround in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-36316 and let me know if this helps smile

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2015

Hi Lachlan, thanks for the information. I think this will be practicable workaround for us. We will test ist and I come back when we have some results. Cheers, Uli

lachland
Atlassian Team
January 30, 2015

Hi Uli, just a heads up that this workaround may still fail if the call to the projects endpoint in JIRA takes more than 10 seconds, as it appears there is a separate default time out in use. I'm still investigating if/how this can be overridden, and will update the bug report when I know more.

lachland
Atlassian Team
February 1, 2015

Hi Uli, here's a second bug that might be causing the issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-36335

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events