Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence emoji support

Bryan Collick September 1, 2016

It seems like mac users (my entire company's workforce) are encountering an issue when trying to add an Mac OS emoji to a confluence page.

Steps to reproduce: 

• Create a blank page
  • Open the Mac OS characters tool (control+command+space)
  • select an emoji (not other special characters; those work)
  • Attempt to save the page

Expected result: The page saves.

Actual result: Error Message: "Unable to communicate with server. Saving is not possible at the moment." Then it will say that the server has reconnected and to try again, but it will never successfully save. 

Anyone have any idea if there's something here I can fix to support emoji?

3 answers

0 votes
Barbara Berti
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 17, 2021

Hi,

we have just released Icons for Confluence (cloud), a set of +500 fully customisable icons (colour, size, shape) to be added to Confluence documents. Hope you might give it a try! Thank you

0 votes
Rafał April 27, 2017

Atlassian does not know how to use emoji. Inline comments in Clonfluence don't work if any emoji is used in the article and they know it about 1.5 year: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-39744

0 votes
Joseph Lim-Effendy January 19, 2017

I too am experiencing this with JIRA as well in my company. I would appreciate it if the Atlassian product could support a wider variety of the newer emojis. Are there plans to do so?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events