configuring side bar and space tools option in confluence 5.1.3

Alwin Leltz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2014

Somehow, i can't find the space tools and configuring side bar (to add shortcut links) option in Confluence 5.1.3.

For the first part, i wonder if this is the same as the space admin option under the browse menu ?

For the second part, my situation:

- I am the space admin for the specific tool (via space permissions)

- I am not using the on demand version

- The global or documentation theme give the same results

greetings, Alwin.

2 answers

0 votes
greg elofson May 31, 2014

G, I am having the same difficulty. And the explanations I see peppered around the confluence support pages are generally of the same flavor" "did you do something to alter what should have been there by default?" The answer for everyone continues to be "no" i just got started and am in complete vanilla mode...I am using the onlne version. However, my several years of experience with Jira in the past, as the admin, was that the documentation for Jira online was always several versions behind that for the download version. Could this be the source of this persistent problem? There is no "cog" and there is no "source tools" and I have created spaces in blank and document and team and etc modes....still no stinkin space tools ;)

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2014

Hello Alwin, since Confluence 5 there have been some interface changes in the app, you may like to look at the bottom left of the page, where a cog icon now takes you to the side bar configuration among other options (see screenshot below).

Hope it helps!

Alwin Leltz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 22, 2014

Thank you for answering me.

I don't see any icon at the left side of the page. Is it possible that this is a specific setting within our confluence environment ?

Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2014

Hi Alwin, in case there is any Confluence interface styling, that could interfere with the display of that button. You can review were to look for them after this link. Also, when generating a new log bundle, it will include in the output a list of customized spaces and elements that can help to track down any live customizations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events