cant access confluence after install

Hi after installing confluence the install program asks if I want to open it in the browser. I click YES but it won't open

I get : ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I have added the port in inbound rules but that shouldn't really affect localhost calls

I tried to temporaily disable the firewall without any luck

I recently installet Bitbucket and it worked with localhost:7090 without problems

2 answers

When you install confluence it will open up on localhost:[port goes here] but i assume you did not install it on your local machine, so attempting to connect to it on localhost would only get your browser to try to connect to your own machine. If you installed it on a machine called server1.yourcompany.com the address to it would be http://server1.yourcompany.com:[port goes here] Think the default port is 8080 for Confluence, but i am not sure. You can find this in the server.xml file on the server you installed it on.

I did actually install it on my local machine.
The installation seemed to be all done and the service started. At the end you get the question if you want to open confluence in your browser and i directs you to it. (localhost:8090)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

849 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you