cant access confluence after install

Magnus Larsson October 5, 2016

Hi after installing confluence the install program asks if I want to open it in the browser. I click YES but it won't open

I get : ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I have added the port in inbound rules but that shouldn't really affect localhost calls

I tried to temporaily disable the firewall without any luck

I recently installet Bitbucket and it worked with localhost:7090 without problems

2 answers

0 votes
Magnus Larsson October 5, 2016

I did actually install it on my local machine.
The installation seemed to be all done and the service started. At the end you get the question if you want to open confluence in your browser and i directs you to it. (localhost:8090)

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2016

When you install confluence it will open up on localhost:[port goes here] but i assume you did not install it on your local machine, so attempting to connect to it on localhost would only get your browser to try to connect to your own machine. If you installed it on a machine called server1.yourcompany.com the address to it would be http://server1.yourcompany.com:[port goes here] Think the default port is 8080 for Confluence, but i am not sure. You can find this in the server.xml file on the server you installed it on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events