Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't paste jira link in cofluence

wanttolearn1 January 16, 2017

when one of my user's try to paste a take he opened in JIRA inside confluence

the link appears for a second and then disappear.

for me as admin it doesn't happen.

should i use any special permissions for this user?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
wanttolearn1 January 17, 2017

after cleaning cache it works only on chrome......

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2017

It's surprisingly common to find Confluence issues that occur on one browser, but not on another.  If it's working for him in Chrome then that's a good workaround until the issue is fixed; at this point your best bet is to log a support ticket and ask Atlassian to investigate so they can fix the issue.

where do i open a ticket

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2017

Using Atlassian's Support Desk - the link for Confluence Cloud tickets is here: https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/create/185

i tried and i am getting that my SEN is not valid....

any way to contact with email?

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2017

I can't use my SEN either, it's very annoying.  But the text box says you can use either your SEN or your cloud URL, e.g. https://.xxx.atlassian.net/wiki, and I use our cloud URL.  It works fine and they answer just as quickly which ever one you use.

As far as I know, they don't have a support email address you can use.

wanttolearn1 January 19, 2017

its all installed on my own servers,

when i try to put my SEN i get error that there is no such id.

can some one else open them a ticket?

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2017

The server version of their support desk is https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/create/139

Your SEN should work in that one.

0 votes
wanttolearn1 January 16, 2017

this happens on all browsers

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2017

Ok.  Sometimes it's a browser issue, but apparently not in this case.

So, it happens on all browsers, and the user has permission to view the JIRA issue.  Next thing to find out is whether it's the autoconvert process.  What happens if the user adds a JIRA Issue macro that just returns that single issue?  (In other words, what happens if the user manually adds the JIRA Issue, rather than allowing the autoconvert process to do it for him?)

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2017

Hi,

You don't need any special permissions to paste a JIRA link into Confluence, other than permission to view the JIRA item (which apparently he does).  Are you and he using the same browser?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events