Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can pages within a space be moved to another space without changing security settings?

Roshni Thacker February 8, 2012

Hi ,

i want to move pages from one space to another space but retaining the permission on the previous space where it belonged to.

To explain it more breifly:

i have a space 'A' which has pages 'Aa','Bb','Cc' and i have another space 'Z' that has pages 'Za','Zb'.

Group A, B has edit access to the space 'A' and group 'C' has view, similarly Group 'A' has view access to space 'Z' and group 'C' has edit access to space 'Z'. Now if i move page 'Aa' from space 'A' to under Space 'Z' ideally what happens is Page "Aa' loses all its permission that was set in previous space and inherits all the permissions from new space. So my requirement is Still page 'Aa' after moving to space'Z' should have same permission like group 'C' although have edit access in space'Z' should only be able to view this page under it.

Regards,

Roshni

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2012

Hi Roshni,

It is not possible. While it is possible to apply page restrictions on pages, the page restriction must obey the space permissions.

The checks are performed in the following sequence:

1. Does the current user have the permission to perform the requested action in the space?
  2. If pass, check whether the current user fulfill the (any) page restrictions to view/edit the page

If any of the checks fail, the user will not be allowed to perform the action.

I hope ths helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events