Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

back up a wiki

So my company is closing the wiki we have and we have to export everything to somewhere else, this will take time so I wanted to know if there was a way to back up the whole wiki on say my system so I can still access what i need as at this moment in time there is so much on there I wont have to the time to keep exporting to a xls or doc for all the files i need before it is switched off. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Stefan ,

My suggestion is to perform export at space level. You could export each single space as PDF/HTML

1. Go to the space and choose Space tools > Content Tools from the bottom of the sidebar
  2. Choose Export
  3. Select either HTML, XML, or PDF, then choose Next
  4. Select the type of export:
    • Normal Export (HTML and PDF) – to produce an HTML or PDF file containing ONLY the pages that you have permission to view.
    • Full Export (XML) – to produce an XML file containing all the pages in the space, including those that you do not have permission to view.
    • Custom Export – if you want to export selected pages only, or if you want to exclude comments from the export.
  5. Choose whether to Include Page Numbers (PDF only)
  6. Choose Export.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

i dont have that option do i have to be an admin ?

Hi @Stefan , you need to be a Space Admin with export permission to do that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

956 views 15 27
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you